Some examples of music made with seq24 and friends.
Provisional titles ripped off from amSynth patch names.
Music made with seq24 and a little help from these friends :
The audio recording was done with ecasound using the following command :
- JACK Rack a neat container for creating a virtual rack of LADSPA effects processing plugins
- QSynth a GUI for the cool Fluidsynth soundfont-based synthesizer
- amSynth Nick Dowell's excellent analogue modelling synthesizer
- ZynAddSubFX Paul Nasca's wonderfully deep synthesizer
- Crystal a very cool free VSTi plugin that I run under the FST system for using VST/VSTi plugins in Linux
ecasound -i:jack -o:foo.wav
Connection from the ALSA PCM output to ecasound was made with the graphic audio connections panel in QJackCtl. Gee, that was easy.
The WAV files were edited and normalized in Snd before encoding to OGG files with oggenc (with q=7). If your media player doesn't support OGG, shame on its makers.
All God's chillen got screenshots :
Click for full-size